It's been a while since we have had a chance to go and see the Christmas lights at the Salt Lake Temple. This year we were able to go. It's so beautiful and CROWDED!
We planned it well I thought. We got there really early. Most of the lights weren't even on yet when we got there. It was also a very foggy night and so I was loving taking pictures. I'm nowhere near a photographer, but I love to take pictures. So I've posted a few.
Ethan is a very big help anywhere we go. He loves to push one of his brothers and no longer tries to ride somewhere on the wheelchair! It's nice. We also were prepared and bundled up really well. At first we thought it may be overkill, but turns out we could have even done more. It was chilly.
My kids aren't really the kids that love to be in pictures. I can catch Ezra and Mason every so often , but to have Ethan look at the camera is very rare.
The lights finally came on!~!
Mason did pretty well with it all until it started to get crowded. Getting there early was great because of the crowd issue. As we were leaving it was a nightmare. Had we arrived at that time I think we wouldn't have stayed. Instead we walked all around and had a great time.
I tried to take most of my pictures without my flash so that you could get a better effect of the lights. Not so good for people pictures though. We did both...
May I point out Ethan hiding behind me to avoid a picture?
It was interesting to us that they still only use incandescent lights. Does anyone know why they aren't adding any LED's? We loved this big tree. It had little reflective circles paperclipped to the light wires to add more sparkle. It worked!
Bathroom break.
Here are a few of my favorite shots I took from the night.
I love the nativity they put in the reflective pool. Very cool.
Merry Christmas everyone!















2 comments:
Gorgeous pics of the temple Kerry. Glad you guys got to have such a great time!
Absolutely gorgeous photos! Wow! They are incredible. The lighting effects in the background are tremendous. The pictures you took of the temple are fabulous! You have such a great (and artistic) eye!
Post a Comment