Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Family Reunion in Oregon.

This year we went on our longest road trip ever as a family.  Spencer's family gets together for a reunion every three years.  Lucky for us it was this year so that Victoria could actually meet everyone.  We went to Bella Beach, OR.  Mason is wearing shorts and short sleeves which I can't quite figure because it was August and in the 40's most of the time!  We did have a few spells of warm time. 

We stayed in a really nice beach house and all the kids loved having each other to play with.  Ezra was thrilled that there were trains and toys to play with, but mostly he loved his cousins. 
The kids really had so much fun being together.
My in-laws put together a bunch of games for us all to play one afternoon.
I was still recovering from my back surgery so I wasn't the fastest  partner.  Ethan and I did run a mean 3 legged race though.
Victoria was shy, but she had a great time too.  It took her a while to get comfortable with everyone, but once she did she had a lot of fun.  Ethan was so sweet to help her feel comfortable with the games.  She didn't want to do anything (not really a surprise) but with some gentle encouragement she participated and had fun.  Ethan had a blast with all of the games and all of his cousins.  I don't actually think he even noticed that Spen or I were there.
This is a lot of the family blowing bubblegum bubbles.  Funny.
There was a little park we went to play on.  Spencer had to join in.
The beach was beautiful, freezing, but beautiful.
We went down to the beach to have pictures taken.  Mason and I didn't spend a lot of time at the beach with it being so cold and tricky.
I love this picture of the kids playing around and Spen and Victoria fist bumping!
We look so much warmer than we are!  Ethan and Vika are tickeling each other to get the good smiles on!
I love this picture, I just wish we could see Mason's cute face.
Victoria
Ethan
Spencer and all of his siblings together.
All of the grandkids.
My cute kids.
Ez.
Me and Spen.
One of the mornings they had a big treasure hunt for all of the kids.  It was so cute and fun for them.  they ended up digging up the treasure in the sand.  They found ring pops and gold coins.  It was darling.
The boys playing in the freezing water.
The girls looking for sea glass and agates.
The whole family!
Ezra loved the sand and the water.  He didn't care how cold it was.  He loved hiding in the holes.
Hopefully Victoria liked it more than she let on!  It kind of looks like she enjoyed herself!
Walking around the neighborhood.  It really was a gorgeous place.
The kids digging in the sand.
The kids really like to bury Spencer.
This is the house we stayed in.
Beautiful.
I was there too..  I had to get a picture since normally I just take them all!
One of the days we went on this great hike to a waterfall.  It was amazing.  It was mostly accessible for Mason.  I'm just glad I only had to push him on really wide flat parts.
The really fun part of the hike was the suspended bridge.  Of course Mason loved that Spen had to bounce and shake the bridge so that nobody else could keep their balance.
We went to a science center to pet water animals.
Ethan, Ezra, and Vika couldn't get enough of the touching.  I hate that sort of thing.  Finally just as they were about to close Ethan helped me to be brave and touch them.  He put his little hand over mine and reassured me that it wouldn't hurt.  I'm such a baby.

This is one of the sights we past on our drive. 
We stopped in Portland for dinner.  Ezra loves to have his picture taken.
Because of my back we stopped and made the drive a 2 day deal.  The boys loved the hotel.  I think Victoria did too, but I also think she was a little disappointed.  It was her first experience and was so excited, but when we left she said she didn't want to stay in hotels anymore!  The boys couldn't get enough of the pool and the fun of all sleeping piled together.  We had such a great time on our first road trip as a family of 6.  It made us excited for more.  It was great to see all of Spencer's family too.  We loved it.

No comments: