For the first time ever Spencer and I attended a 'grown-up' Halloween party. It was so much fun. These are our friends in our ward.
We also attended Spencer's work Halloween party where we had our very first trick-or-treating experience. This was Victoria's first ever Halloween and she has been talking about it for months. She has been so excited and was so excited to wear her costume. We had a great time. A few days before Halloween I hollowed out all of the pumpkins (everyone else is super slow and very whiny about the goo!) and we carved pumpkins. I got so many huge pumpkins this year I was sure we would get bored, but as always I didn't have enough for them. Everyone wanted more!
Ezra actually hollowed out his own little pumpkin this year. he even carved it all by himself. (With the pumpkin knife, don't worry.) He had a great time.
I always light our pumpkins with Christmas lights to avoid having to use candles. That way we could have them lit for a few nights. This year we had people knock on our door to compliment our pumpkins! That was a first. They were fun this year.
If you couldn't tell we (part of us) went with a theme this year. Mason was the tin-man, I was the wicked witch from the Wizard of Oz. The kids all wore their costumes to school for the day. It was a Monday so luckily we had early out so we could get all the pictures and visits done before the kids set out on their trick-or-treating night.
When I bought the fabric to make Mason's little suit the man at the fabric store was hilarious.. He just kept saying, "that sure is a lot of silver pleather!" Mason was a great sport. His costume was nice and toasty. It was a really warm day for Halloween. I don't remember not having to wear coats in my lifetime! Lucky for Victoria to have such a warm night as her first experience.
We always drop by my parent's house, my Granny's house, and my Aunt's house before we have our pizza and set out for the night. Granny was so cute. She was worn out from all of the great-grandkids visiting all in one day!
After working up to touching and eventually wearing his lion coat, Ezra really embraced his costume. He was a very scarey, roaring lion. He really got into the whole sporit of things when he realized that if he said, "trick-or-treat" and then "roared" really load he got candy. He was running from house to house with Ethan and Victoria. I was mostly surprised that he wanted a lion face!
Victoria was actually here for the hosting experience last year for Halloween. I can't believe that it was one year ago that we saw her for the first time and knew we had to go and bring her back! She was hilarious about Halloween. She started talking about it in August and knew she was going to be a vampire. She was so thrilled when I wasn't going to make her be a princess or anything lame like that. She and Ethan ran from house to house singing and laughing all night. It was the cutest thing I have ever seen. Ethan was done long before she was and she kept cheering him up and getting him back into it.
Ethan was also very sure of what he wanted to be this year. I think that this makes the majority of his Halloween's being a character from Star Wars. Who can blame him thought, right? He was so excited to take Ezra and Victoria out for the first time. (Ezra didn't really go last year because of the rain and bitter cold.) He was happy to be the expert. He told them what we do and what to expect. It was very darling and sweet. He brought an extra light saber with him so that while they we walking between houses he and Vika could have sword fights in case they got bored.
This is my family (Spen was still at work - he was the scare crow). We met at my parent's house and went trick-or-treating together around their neighborhood together for a while.
Mason wasn't really as into the stopping part of the trick-or-treating. He loved the walking part though. It was a huge success for a few of the kid's first time. Happy Halloween!




No comments:
Post a Comment