Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A Family of Welders

This past week or so we were able to go down to Peoria, AZ to spend some time with Spencer's grandpa. He lives in the most beautiful area, I was almost convinced to just stay! He has 2 horses and lives on 3 acres. He has all sorts of fruit and pecan trees that he has planted on his property. We ate oranges and grapefruit straight off of the trees for every meal!

Just imagine waking up and before you are even dressed, you walk outside to the ruby red grapefruit tree and select your breakfast. Maybe on your way back to the house you stop and grab a few oranges to squeeze for your fresh juice! I can't think of a better way to start the morning!
We did all sorts of fun things while we were there. Spencer broke (not really his fault, but it was the joke) the gate for the horses, so grandpa got out his welder and taught him, and then me, how to weld. It was SO much fun. We rode on the tractor and swam in the freezing cold pool and got to brush the horses down. I think that the horses are missing the kids because every time they went out to visit them they would feed them! It was a wonderful week there with grandpa and the rest of the family that was able to come. I have an entire refrigerator full of oranges and grapefruit that we brought back if you want to come over for a sample!

2 comments:

Becca said...

I'm glad you found me! I love having a new blog to check out. I can't believe how big your boys are getting-time sure flies.
they are so stinking cute and I hope everything goes quickly with the adoption process-that's so exciting!

Stephanie said...

Kerry I can't believe how big your boys are. It is funny what a difference a of couple years make!! It was great to hear from you.