Sunday, May 24, 2009

Mason's 5!!

My Mason turned 5 this month!! How did this happen?!

He is so big and grown up. Time just flies. He has always been such a sweet angel but now it feels like he is no longer our little baby Mase, he's our little boy. How does a boy skip toddler hood?

For his birthday party we went to our favorite park with some friends and family for mini cupcakes. It was a very low key party but Mase was fine with that. That's more the kind of party he likes anyway! He mostly liked the attention from everyone who came!

I didn't know exactly what to do for him so we decided that mini cupcakes sounded fun. Mase sure liked it. He grabbed for them when we put them in front of him and giggled like he had gotten away with something! He only had a few tastes this year.

When it came time for his presents his family sure knows him! He really just cares about the wrapping and tissue paper. He does love to be the one to open things though. Ethan was very intent on picking out, paying for, and wrapping his gift.

He got a few balls and presents and some money to go towards one of the fun big things we are saving up for. He had a great time and that's all that matters! Thanks to everyone who came to support our Moose!

5 comments:

Megan said...

Happy Birthday Mason! You looked so happy at your birthday party...I'm glad you had a good time!!!

Carrilyne said...

Happy Birthday Mason!! I remember seeing you at walmart a little over 5 years ago, with Ethan asleep in your shopping cart you had laid a blanket in the bottom for him, and I had my two girls in my cart, and you told me you were pregnant! I cant believe how long and how short that was ago!

Jessica said...

oh my gosh!!! Five!! He's so so big! Happy birthday kiddo!

O'BRIEN FAMILY BLOG said...

time goes by so fast. its incredible to look back on the journey for us as i am sure it is for you! happy birthday mason! way to go!

Colleen said...

I can't even express how much I love this little angel! How did he ever get so big (and heavy!)? He has such wonderful brothers and truly amazing parents. And a "Reg" who loves him more than life itself.