Thursday, January 7, 2010

1st words~

He did it.. Ezra finally has said a word that he is using correctly and consistantly.  (I should count "Da-ddy" but that's just how it goes...)  

I have been trying to get Ezra to use sign language for a long time now and finally we got him signing 'please' for things he was asking for.  Don't ask me why I just couldn't tolerate that scream for everything any longer!  He finally got the hang of it but would only use it when we told him, "Ezra, say please" and showed him what to do.

The other day in the car we stopped to get a delicious orange drink from McDonald's.  I had Spen get me fries.  Well, Ez was in the back all strapped in and I guess he'd been signing 'please' for me to share with him.  I obviously didn't see his efforts so he started to say, 'peaz' over and over!  I was so proud.  After he got his delicious fry he seemed to notice that saying that paid out big!  He's been saying it ever since.  If he can get our attention he still signs, but I just love when he says it!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

He also says "ba pa". I don't know if he's saying bye bye or what -- but he certainly uses it when he's looking for his Grandpa.