As far as our adoption news goes.. There isn't really anything to report news wise. Sad. Our submission date for the Ukrainian government to review our dossier was Monday. I don't really know what I was thinking by assuming that we would get some kind of idea of when our SDA appointment date would be within a day or so of the submission date, but I did. Lesson learned, don't assume anything when you are adopting Internationally. They told us that we should have a date by early next week. We'll see. We were told in January that an early submission date in February would mean that we would possibly travel by the last week of February. That seems to be coming up faster than I would like with no idea of when we should expect to leave, but hey, what's a little more stress right now?!
I would like to try to express how overwhelmingly amazing it has been to have such support from friends and strangers in this huge adventure. We have had donations of all kinds to help us raise the money that it will take to get there as well as pay for the adoption process. Our master plan of credit back fired when we were told that we need to travel with cash and so many amazing people have donated through this blog as well as mailing checks, etc. Both of our work places are being very supportive. Spencer's work is gathering donations as well as hosting an auction next week to raise money for our adoption. I am a tax preparer and my work has offered to let me prepare friends and families taxes for free - but accept donations for the service to go towards our adoption! Like the free car washes you see - but donations are welcome! Even donations for the orphanage are welcome! We are wanting to take markers, calculators, soccer balls, jump ropes, etc. to give them when we arrive.
We are truly touched by everyone who has helped us and continues to help us in this process! We have such great friends and family.
If you would like to see the orphanage where our soon to be daughter is living you can follow this link:
Matveevka Orphanage
Hopefully I have travel news soon.
11 years ago



3 comments:
I can't imagine how all of you waiting for your travel dates must be feeling-it's driving ME crazy that you don't know yet!
Just read through all my dossier paperwork and there is one little line in there that says after you submit to the SDA that it will be between 10 and 20 days before you are assigned a date. That's disappointing.
You are amazing. Just caught up on all of the reading. She is going to be so amazing in your family. And so many of her friends are coming over too, so she can still see them too.
We're all praying and cheering for you.
Post a Comment