So we heard from our adoption agency who is helping us with this whole process regarding our appointment date with the State Department of Adoption in the Ukraine. After my assuming we would get our date very quickly I re-read the time line of events and heard that it could take as long as 3 weeks to hear anything as far as travel dates were concerned. Waiting is the worst. It's so hard to just wait for the phone to ring or to get a letter in the mail!
We were called and told that their people in Ukraine were able to get a verbal date for us of when we should expect to travel and that we would get our letter in the mail this week confirming that date.
It was interesting how different the news was received by me and my husband. I was relieved. A huge weight of the unknown and stress of the waiting was gone! Now I had to focus on getting ready. Spen's reaction was more of a panic that now we have to get ready and there isn't a lot of time to get it all in!
The feeling that is definitely mutual is that of excitement and relief to finally be at this point in the process.



7 comments:
Yeah!!! Congrats that is excellent news!!! Especially because I will see you before you leave!!
Squeeeeeel! (I've always wanted to write that, haha:)) How exciting for you!! Keep us posted!
Wow, the day is coming soon! That is so exciting. Have you seen the pics from Cooks and Howicks? You're soon to be daughter is such a sweet girl who needs your family!
It's me... the blog stalker :) Congrats! What a relief for sure. It was great to talk to you the other day- Good luck with the next few weeks!!!
Looking forward to hearing how it goes. We are in the waiting... stages of adoption. We had one opportunity, but didn't feel good about it. Now we are just waiting. Good luck with everything! Luke and I are actually going on a cruise starting this sunday out of Galvaston. We will be going to the old ward to see everyone. Luke hasn't been back since his family left Houston. He is very excited!
Congrats...that is so exciting!
Congrats! I wish had some appliances for you to take!
Post a Comment