Saturday, April 2, 2011

Eighth day of our Waiting Period ~ Day 23

Is it really April? Man I’ve been here a long time. There is not really a whole lot to report for this morning other than I almost finally slept until 8:00 am! I stayed in bed listening to the neighbors for a lot longer though. Kim and I had a fun morning being roommates and visiting. Before we knew it we were in a hurry to get out the door to buy groceries and water before our ride came.  Isn't Kim nice?!  She was making me some delicious toast for lunch.  We have to get a little creative here!

We found items and made big plans to make crepes tomorrow. Something to look forward to for us! I am very excited about it.

Our ride came around 1:00 to drive us to the orphanage. It was my favorite driver Andre. He is crazy, but fast. Let’s face it… They are all pretty scary and crazy so we may as well have a driver who is direct and fast! The best part of today was that we were able to share the expense of a driver between 3 families. It is much more economical that way.

We arrived at the orphanage and found Vika. We had to wait around for Larissa to get permission to take her off of the premises to go to Volnyansk to get her passport pictures taken. She was not thrilled to have an errand to run. I’m thinking it was mostly because she absolutely hates to ride in the car. I thought it was funny that she plugged her nose when getting into the car. It’s how I felt, but she actually did it!

She was very cooperative for picture taking at the passport photo office. I was glad because we have had trouble in that area. She let me take a few pictures of her because I told her I was sending them to Spencer. We’re working on smiling with her teeth showing. She says she doesn’t look pretty that way, but maybe she will let me take pictures of her smiling that way soon.
We have spent a lot of time at this office.  It is the notary's office and happens to be where the passport pictures office is as well.  What a sweet girl being a good sport to have her picture taken.
It was April Fool’s Day today and I didn’t have any idea that they celebrated that here. The kids had a program all planned out to put on in the gym. We were lucky to be there and already have good seats for the show.
It was pretty fun to watch them enjoy being silly and laughing together. Yana interpreted what she could, but I think the humor was lost in translation. I didn’t get most of the funny things. By the time the show was over our ride was here waiting. Vika was ready to go and play with her friends and we were ready to get on our way.
We had a lovely dinner at Pizza Cilintano’s again and took turns on the Internet until all hours of the night. I’m excited for tomorrow and the plans Vika, Artoym, and I have. It’s nice to have something different to look forward to.

3 comments:

Anjella said...

Pretty Creative with the toast there! And whoo hoo, you have an oven now too!

Vika is such a cutie. And oddly enough, I think she kinda looks like you. :D

DeHart Family said...

Your doing great girl on your own. Hang in there.

steph said...

I agree. She fits right in with your family:) I can't wait to hear about your day with Vika and Artoym. Hard to believe you are almost done there!