There is honestly nothing to tell for today!! If you haven’t noticed I am a day or so behind in posting so today was Sunday.. General Conference day. We are nine hours ahead of where I live and that means that the first meeting of Conference doesn’t happen until 7:00 pm our time. All that means is the members here attend church today and broadcast conference next week. We had big plans of walking the 3-4 miles to church today to get out and get some exercise. When we woke up the wind was blowing so hard and it was raining. That discouraged us from leaving the apartment. We decided to stay in and watch what we could of Saturday’s session of General Conference on the Internet. I did take this picture of our view when it lightened up this afternoon.
We made a delicious dinner of crepes and were able to chat with our families at a decent hour. That was nice.
Kim took my picture while I was visiting with Ethan. He was very darling.
I saved some pictures of the orphanage from our visit yesterday knowing that I would not be there today and likely would not have any great pictures to post today!
This is the Internat from the back side. The smaller building in the middle is the Cantina, and the big building in the back is the dorms. The front building is the administration side I suppose. We've only been in one office on that side.
Their playground. Vika said it's a few years old, but it's by far the nicest playground I've seen in the country!
Vika was annoyed that I wanted to walk around to everything as I mentioned yesterday. She doesn't really care for my crazy picture taking. I did it anyway, and after her asking why I needed so many pictures I made her get in them!
The best part of that is that she actually did it! I loved it. I was teasing her and trying to get her to smile and show me her teeth. She doesn't like to smile with her teeth. This is her school building.
I didn't even realize this was a pavillion until she pointed it out. She said they do productions and have events there when the weather permits. She woudn't stand on the stage for me though.
She was modeling the benches here, but I zoomed in on her face.
What a cute girl.

















4 comments:
So glad you got to have a day in and listen to conference. I hope you got something out of conference that made you realize what an amazing thing you and Spencer are doing. Looking back at your previous posts, Vika is slowly opening up and smiling a little bigger every time she is with you. (These pictures you posted look like genuine smiles with hints of 'Hey, my mom is pretty cool!')
You are obviously gaining her trust. What an amazing mom and dad you both will be to her. She is going to grow up being taught self-respect and confidence.
Oh my gosh I love the pictures of Vika she is soo cute and the smiles with her teeth are pretty! You knit amazing!! All the different stitches are amazing!! If I had only known I would have had you teaching me some of those skills!!
Isn't it great just to hear English when you are surrounded by a foreign language!! I still get a bit anxious feeling when people start speaking spanish here and I then I remind myself I am back home and most people I can understand!!
she is sooo beautiful!! You are a lucky family!!
Oh-Spencer and Kerry---I have just spent an hour or more reading about your adventure. I am so excited for you and your growing family. Congratulations! I wish you the best!
-Mikael Stansfield
Post a Comment