Do you remember being in Elementary school and LOVING the school carnival? I know that I sure do!
Anyway, I don't really feel that way anymore! (Do any of you moms out there?) Now that love for the carnival has passed on to Ethan. He looked forward to this thing all week! We had to be there right on time for it to start because his teacher was the first one in the dunk tank.
Of course he wouldn't use any of his punches to buy balls to try and dunk her himself . . . nooo, he just wanted to watch FOREVER! It would have been totally OK for me to stand there and watch all day long, but Mason HATED the school carnival this year. He screamed from the second we entered into the crowd. If you look closely you can see what a good sport his teacher really is. She wore a bikini over her shorts and shirt. Ethan thought it was hilarious when someone would hit the target and she would go down. It was pretty funny!
After a few games and a lot of wandering around watching we went over to the train rides. I decided to send Mase with Ethan so that he could do something besides the fishing pond thing. That wasn't really the brightest idea of the day. He screamed a lot from what I hear. Ethan was so adorable with him and calmed him down and sang to him the entire ride. 
After the train, Spen got there and he and Ethan did the carnival boys style while I took Mase home to play. I hope that Ethan has as good of memories of the carnival days as I do, and I feel bad that my parents had to endure that for soo long! Thank you mom and dad...
11 years ago



2 comments:
Our carnivals were always at the end of the year. You are such a good mom!!
i feel bad that i have not taken more time to get to know you. we have so much in common. anyhow the carnival about killed me this year, its a bit torterous! saylor was still not feeling super great so she was a bit onery also! my other two kids had a great time. what a gorgeous mom you are in every way! you are so good with both of them and they are so special. just looking at your blog reminds me of how awesome it is to be in a family like ours! i hope that we get to know each other a little bit better and just so you know our family has been praying for the last two days (since karen crabb told us) that you will get a baby soon!
Post a Comment