Thursday, September 11, 2008

Our Family Garden

We were so excited this year to plant our very first real family garden! Spen and Ethan made the grow boxes and we planted all of our seeds when there was still snow on the ground. It was so incredible to watch our little plants grow. I have to admit for all of us, it's become sort of an obsession! We are ALWAYS walking over to see how the garden is doing. We got a bunch of stuff, but I think mostly we learned more about what to expect with our yard and we will be more prepared next year. There aren't many experiences quite like eating dinner from your own garden grown from your own seeds! Most of our flowers came from seed too. Ethan helped me plant all of them. We have had such a good time with it. It's a great way to encourage vegetable eating around here too!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I couldn't agree with you more! Eating from your own garden is the best. It looks wonderful. My peppers didn't do a thing. Yours look great and your raspberries do too. Happy eating!

(By the way, thanks for the nice comment. You can spy all you want! I think you're so cute. An amazing mother, truly.

Cathy said...

Those pictures are awesome! And everything looks delicious!