Friday, September 26, 2008

Finally done with my canning~!


If someone would have asked me even last summer if I would be the type of person who canned food items, I probably would have answered no while laughing at the idea of it! But I have canned the last two seasons thanks to some very helpful friends and neighbors! Last year we just did applesauce and salsa, but this year I branched out to peaches and pears! We have a gorgeous peach tree that went absolutely crazy with peaches this year! We also did peach and strawberry freezer jam!
The only thing that I really don't enjoy about the whole canning process is how HOT my house gets and the HUGE mess to clean up every day.

I'm just hoping now that we actually use it all now!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Hey Kerry, I have canned the last two summers as well and have learned to really enjoy it. I still haven't done applesauce but that is on my list. I am jealous of your peach tree!

Mandy said...

That makes me very jealous to see all of that yummy food. Way to go! I hope to jump on that next year!