Saturday, May 22, 2010

Art Show~

The other club at school Ethan is involved with this year is the Art Club.  He is a very social little boy and hasn't really finished a lot of his projects so only a few were featured in the Art Show this year.  I loved every project we could find that he did. 
Some of the art featured was from the art specialty class he did the first semester.  We could only find one of his pictures.  He was supposed to have 4.  I was getting so frustrated by it that the principal came and helped us look for his artwork.  This is the one we came up with.
In Art Club they focus more on pottery.  Ethan made a rattle.  This was the ONLY art project of his that he recognized while we were looking.  He was very proud of it.
A close up of the bird rattle.  It's proudly being displayed on our mantle.  I love it.
His teacher came and showed me his other project.  I got yelled at by one of the student volunteers that was telling people (kids and me) not to touch the artwork.  I didn't care and kept lifting them to read the names to find anything on Ethan's until the little girl told on me and brought his teacher over to get me to stop touching.
Not sure what it is, Ethan says it's a pot but I think it's just a sculpture.  It's cute though.  It also is being displayed on the mantle.  I'm just glad that he had the opportunity to do something like this as a first grader!
His teacher was very nice and raved about what a great kid Ethan is.  She was adorable.  The show was a huge success.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kerry it's sarah!! I love how cute your family is! You are such a great mom! Also, Mrs. DeWitt was my art teacher in 3rd grade. Kind of fun! She is a good family friend of ours!