Friday, May 21, 2010

Spring Orchestra Concert

One of the most sad things about this school year coming to an end is that Orchestra is over.  Ethan has loved it.  He loves playing the violin.  The teacher for the orchestra is retiring this year and Ethan has been pretty upset about it.  This was the only time I actually got to see him with his violin.  Before the show when they were all getting set.
Spencer was out of town for work so I had borrowed my sister's video camera to capture it all.  To accomplish this task I got a babysitter for Ezra and Mason.  She called me honestly 15 minutes before Ethan had to be there.  So we all got to go.  I'm sure the video is amazing!  Ez was all over the place.  He didn't weigh enough to make the chair sit flat.  He eventually got stuck between them.
Mason was surprisingly really good.  I thought he'd yell a lot and scream at me, but he really enjoyed most of it!  Ezra ended up sitting with Mason and eating all sorts of treats.  Mason narrated quite a bit of the video.
This is the view I had of the whole show.  Last concert I sat up in the booth where they do the sound and light and could see a lot better.  That was the plan until I had to take the wheelchair.  It was really very good.  I admit I teared up a few times with pride!  Hopefully he can continue next year.

No comments: