Mason had a rough September and most of October - health wise anyway. After his eye surgeries were all handled he came home from school very irritable one day. I was holding him on the couch and looked at his sweet face and noticed that his left eye wasn't tracking normally. That is actually an understatement. It was rolling around like it was possessed. Crazy eye. That led to phone calls to the Dr.
Which led to a visit to the ER, which led to a visit to the ophthalmologist and a head CT. Which led to a visit to our pediatrician. Which led to a visit to the Neurologist, which led to an EEG, which led to another ophthalmologist, and back around again to the pediatrician. With all of this you would think someone somewhere could have any idea why his eye would suddenly go crazy. You would think that and you, like me, would be wrong. Ethan really wanted to come and comfort him for his EEG test. I couldn't bring myself to let him miss school for that. Someday I know I'll regret that. But I did promise him I would take pictures of the event. Mason has had so many EEG's done and I don't think I've ever documented it with photos until this time.
These people were fast. They were great. Mason was so tired because you have to sleep deprive them for the test. He had a great nap.
He wasn't too thrilled having all of those probes stuck to his head. I had to intervene and cuddle and sing songs to hold his curious little hands away. He failed the test... meaning that the test showed significant seizure activity. Nothing conclusive enough to give us any answers for the crazy eye..



No comments:
Post a Comment