I can't even explain how excited Ezra has been for his birthday! He has talked about it for weeks. He knows that his birthday is "Octofer first". He also will tell you that he is turning six. It's been darling. He has had it planned out to exactly what would make his birthday the perfect day. My parents were leaving town the day before so they made a stop by to bring him his presents. This year was the year of the train. Ez was showered with train gifts. He is still loving it.
I didn't get a picture of the first stop of the day because Mason and I had to make a detour to the Dr.'s office. Spen and Ethan and Victoria took him balloon shopping. He wanted balloons to have for his 'birfday.' Next he wanted to go to McDonald's. I honestly have to explain why this is so weird. I personally do not like McDonald's. I would rather not. We NEVER go there. NEVER. I think the last time he was there was when I met my friend the day before we left for Ukraine and we both drove a few hours and met at a McDonald's with a play land. Honestly! That was in March! But we all went. We even drove past i think 3 McDonald's to find one with a play land.He ate some of his kid's meal, but he was just so happy to be at McDonald's he wasn't really concerned about eating.
The playing was so much more important. He luckily had Ethan to entertain him. There were other kids there that he made friends with. The plan initially was to round up a few of his pals, but they were both gone for the weekend.
While Spen took Mason to his 2nd Dr. appt of the day (yes on a Saturday!) Ezra decided he wanted to join them. That gave me a chance to get his presents out. He was so happy to see them all ready for him when he got home. He was darling. He danced around and sang little songs!
Present time was his favorite time. Victoria picked out a train to give him. She wrapped it herself. I think it was the very first time she had wrapped something like that. She kept asking if I really wanted HER to wrap it. It was very cute. She sat by him while he opened it up. I wanted a picture of them together and I love how awkward it looks!
Ethan and Mason gave him more trains. He doesn't even know what to do with them all! He was very excited.
Of course the big present from Mom and Dad was the one we were all most excited to get to.
He was so great to sit and pose with all of his presents. He was thrilled with his day so far. There was only one thing on his agenda missing....
His 'cuppy-cuppy-cuppy-cakes.' He was insistent on having them. That made the cake easy enough for me!~ I don't know why I even made any of the big ones. The little ones are the only cuppy-cuppy-cuppy cakes that any of my family even eats! We had to sing at least 10 times blowing out candles every time. That is the best part after-all!
More of the 'Birfday Boy' with his presents.
All the kiddos. They were all just as excited for Ezra's birthday. Somehow they decided that because his birthday was on a Saturday that meant that they didn't have to do any chores of any kind. Anything I would ask them to do they would respond by saying, "but moooom, it's Ezra's Birthday." Everyone won today I suppose.



2 comments:
First of all, I can't believe your little man is three. He is so adorable! Secondly, my son chooses to go to McDonald's for his birthday every year too, despite the fact that we NEVER go there, and third, I LOVE the last picture where Victoria is holding Mason! I hope she has become more comfortable with him and is learning to love him just as much as the rest of you do! What a great family you have, Kerri!
What darling kiddo's you have!
Post a Comment