Thursday, October 6, 2011

Stitches -- Again.

I really should have taken more pictures of this, but here's the story anyway.  Ethan is accident/stitch prone.  This was his 8th time having stitches in his head.  It was monumental.  He is 8, he got hurt at 8 pm and it's his 8th time for stictches.  woo hoo.  This is how he looked most of the summer.  We tried to keep the area covered to minimize the scarring on his face.
 The old Dr. who did these stitches really surprised me.  He was actually very good.  I was impressed.  We had 8 stitches.  This was the day we had them removed.  He was not happy.  I usually remove them at home but I made him come in this time.  Here is the conversation between Ethan and the Dr. stitching him up...
Dr: "How did you get hurt, Ethan?"
Ethan: "I walked into a wall."
Dr: "Were you running?"
Ethan: "No, I was walking up the stairs."
Dr: "Was someone chasing you?"
Ethan: "No."
Dr: "Hmm.  You should pay more attention when you walk!"

No comments: