On 9/10/11 Vika was baptised as a new member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It was a perfect day for all of us. She was happier than I have ever seen her. She was dancing around and just glowing and smiling from ear to ear all day long.

I think the only part of the day she didn't like were the pictures. She suffered through though.

It was a very sweet day for me. I have never attended a convert baptism before this. How great that my first one was for my daughter! She was so fun. We started the day with family pictures at our house and walked to the church with my parents for her to practice her special musical number. She changed into her white jumpsuit and was very embarrassed to be seen in something so 'ugly.' So she covered herself in the towel we brought for her and wore that the entire meeting. It was a very nice day. Spencer's mom came into town for the occasion and gave a very sweet talk on baptism. Victoria really liked it. It was very sweet how the entire baptism was just for her and everyone was talking just to her. We had interpreters there for her and for the other kids who came who have been recently adopted from Ukraine. I don't think she really needed it though. After the baptism ordinance she was changed and back in her seat in minutes. It was the fasted changing I have ever seen! She beat Spencer by about 5 minutes. After the video the missionaries brought and showed my dad gave a very nice talk on the Holy Ghost. He used a great object lesson to illustrate his point and it really made a lot of sense to her. She and my dad sang a duet - 'Teach Me to Walk in the Light of His Love.' It was so touching. She sang the first verse in Russian, my dad sang the 2nd, and they sang together for the final verse. It was perfect.

After the meeting we met all of our family and friends at our house for lunch and treats. We had so many people helping us with everything that there was hardly anything for me to do! Vika was just thrilled to have her friend Ashley there to visit. Ashley was in her same orphanage and they really love to get together.
It was a perfect day. The weather was nice. Everyone who came was so sweet. I hope that Victoria could feel how loved she is.
The biggest hit was the homemade root beer. The kids loved that!
These are the missionaries who taught Vika. The only one who didn't actually come teach her is in the yellow tie. There was one more missionary that came for the first few lessons that went home during the time she was having the discussions. Fun guys!
There were 11 kids who came who have been adopted from Ukraine this year. We were so happy to see all of our friends and family come and support our sweet Victoria.
4 comments:
I am so happy for Vika and for you and your family. What a neat experience. I hope we get the chance to do this soon:) I wish so badly that I could've been there. You rock! p.s. how in the earth did you get her to agree to sing?!
Congratulations Kerry! She looks so pretty! The next step is the temple, that will be a wonderful day as well.
I think that is so great! She's definately got that light in her eyes, you can see it! Congrats to Victoria.
Kerry. How awesome!
Love your bangs, btw.
Post a Comment