Christmas was a big day at our house so it merits 3 blog posts! We had to get pictures of our darling kids all ready for church on Christmas Day. That just doesn't get to happen very often. We only had sacrament meeting and it was wonderful. I had to be the mean mom and take a few toys away from the kids who had snuck them in, but that was OK.
During the closing song Spencer snuck home before we would get there to get our big 'family gift' out to surprise the kids. We thought it would be a lot of fun to get 2 electric scooters for the family so that we could ride them together. They are a lot of fun. When they came I went to Spencer's work and we went for a ride around the office together. I really can't wait for it to get warm enough that I want to ride these things more often! Ezra was pretty excited about them. Ethan was so happy and surprised, but Victoria was scared of them I think. She won't try them. Ethan wanted to go riding immediately. That delayed more present opening, but that was fine.
A funny little thing about Victoria before I explain the gift we gave her... She came here from Ukraine with a TON of stuffed animals that she adores. They are like real people to her. She is more worried about them being warm and comfortable to sleep than she is. In fact, they have occupied at least 1/3 of her bed and most of her pillows and blankets since she came. She has complained a few times how small her bed is, but after she refuses our suggestion of simply taking out the stuffed animals we don't have a lot of sympathy for her plight. We did however, for Christmas, give her a little toy box (animal) bed so that she could tuck her little friends in and finally sleep comfortably! She was pretty happy about that and immediately took it to her room to make them comfortable in their new home.
We opened a few more gifts until it was again time to leave and go to my parent's house for dinner and more presents.
Ezra was happy to get his robot. He's a big fan of Robots.
Mason gave me a very thoughtful gift to hold my phone in my car. He is always thinking! Lucky for us we had several days to enjoy our gift exchanging. This year it lasted for 4 days. What a great Christmas this year was!



2 comments:
Cutest family that I adore so much!!!
What an awesome idea for Vika! I should totally do that for both my girls. They both like to take blankets and make little beds for their "babies" to sleep in at night. :)
Fun posts. :)
Post a Comment