Ethan has always had some interesting things going on in his poor, sweet mouth. He has knocked out his first tooth, cracked his upper jaw and killed another tooth (good ol' 'gray'), he had to have an extra tooth removed surgically, he's never lost a tooth other than on the jungle gym or by the dentist, and most recently he had to have a skin graft done on his lower teeth. It is quite funny to watch people actually examine his little teeth because it is shocking what you will see. His orthodontist is a very nice man who lovingly refers to Ethan as 'Shark Tooth." This is Ethan on December 14th the day he had his braces put on. Before this day he had to have an expander on the roof of his mouth to spread the teeth out for 3 months.
All ready for braces. I was so happy that Ethan was excited for this to happen. He is excited for his teeth to not be jumbled or sideways or to have his 'big tooth' stick out so far. So brave in the chair. He is my curious little thing. He was so interested in everything they were doing. He really just wanted to see it all in a mirror and have them explain it all to him. I loved that because I probably wouldn't have asked, but I was thrilled to understand and watch the process.
He was very excited to choose BYU colors for his first round of braces. The orthodontist said that the wire looked like a mountain range it was so bent around. They also said that things would move shockingly fast. They were right!
Happy 'brace face' Ethan ready to go out and show everyone..



1 comment:
I should probably ask you this on facebook or somewhere I would know where your answer is, but did he suck his thumb? My Emily who is 9 (almost 10) has a similar looking mountain range and she was a thumb sucker. I have always worried about it and now I'm seeing it and wondering what to do about it. I guess I should just go ask some sort of teeth professional. :) What a handsome brace face he is!! :)
Post a Comment