Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Visiting Temple Square Lights~

Another tradition we have as a family is visiting Temple Square to see all of the lights.  We love going there but our kids always freeze.  We made sure to go prepared this year.  We actually planned our trip to arrive at Temple Square around 4:30 before the crowd showed up and just as it was getting dark.  It was in fact, genius!  We were the only people around for a while.  By the time we left after eating dinner across the street it was packed, but for the first little while it was quite nice to enjoy the lights to ourselves.
 We had to get a picture of Victoria with the pink lights.  The boys usually don't like me taking pictures over by the pink lights but now that we have a girl, it's allowed.

It was actually really great to go so early.  It eliminated a lot of the tantrums and crying we usually get.  The boys were very excited about the lights.  I honestly couldn't tell how Victoria felt.  Mostly it felt like she was ready to leave before we got there!  Oh, well.  We were glad she was there!  Ezra and Ethan loved being in pictures this outing.  That made me happy.  Mason was really good too.  That is not something we can count on lately with him.  He is really hating going anywhere.  This was such a great night though, I think we'll for sure do it again next year!
 It really is quite spectacular to see.
 As I was taking a picture of the family a nice couple offered to take one of all of us!  It was so great.
 This year my favorite and Spencer's favorite tree was the tree with all of the white lights.  It was breathtaking.
 You can see Spencer with the kids when we first got there by the pretty trees, there is NO ONE there!  It was so much fun to enjoy it without running a wheelchair or a stroller into anyone.
 It really is a gorgeous temple.
 We had to warn the kids about touching the water.  All 3 of them still tried!  They were amazed by the reflection pool as always.
 Ethan wanted a picture of himself with the temple.
 Then so did Ezra!
This was my favorite picture I took of the night.  I may actually have to print this one at some point!  I love the temple glowing through the tree of lights.  It was pretty. 
 Luckily we all stayed warm in our snow clothes.  We planned for freezing and we were pretty happy that we all kept nice and warm and could stay as long as we wanted to enjoy the lights.

 Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Vegas H Family said...

Wow you got some awesome pictures in there! I'd buy them from ya :)

Erica said...

You've got some awesome shots on here! :) Nice to hear from you again. Someday I'll turn into a good friend and actually pick up my phone to call you. I DO think about you though! We need to get together again!