For Victoria's 1st ever 'American Birthday' we had to go big.. She was so excited about everything and invited all sorts of friends from school. After her birthday lunch out she came home and relaxed and I ran around like a crazy lady getting this party together! I swear birthday parties are so much stress on the mom and the kid is totally oblivious to any of that. It's as it should be I suppose, but I was honestly a train wreck. I had no idea how to throw a party for teenage girls! I don't know what kinds of things they like. Victoria wasn't really a lot of help in the idea area so I was pretty much on my own. I am grateful that she handled the guests and invites. I was just a worried mom hoping any of them would show!
I decorated the basement and put out all sorts of treats. I had a few games up my sleeve, but the one I was counting on was the Just Dance III game we were going to give her as our gift. We moved the big T.V. downstairs for the big party and she hung out downstairs waiting for party time. Like I said, I was panicked because to be honest, I've never met any of her friends. She has yet to hang out with anyone or go anywhere with anyone. She stays home. She doesn't call anyone and no one calls her. Girls are always late so when no one had showed and it was 30 minutes after the time they were supposed to come, Spen and I were in knots worrying! I think Victoria was too, but she didn't really let on she just kept looking out the window and asking me why they weren't here yet?! I think everyone she invited came. phew. I have to admit it was very refreshing to see her interact with her friends. She was a totally different person! She was friendly and very much the perfect hostess. It was darling. Why in the world was I worried?!
I planned a few games, (only one of which was a hit.) I bought a gift and wrapped it at least 30 times and they rolled until someone got doubles. The person who rolled doubles got to unwrap it. This went on until the gift was revealed! It was a lot of fun for them. They were all so darling. It was fun to watch from the sidelines as the mom. I do admit though that I texted my own mom many times during this party to thank her for everything she did for me!
My sweet friend made this delicious cake for the occasion. It was adorable, but also amazing red velvet. Victoria requested a vampire cake. Naturally.
Ezra and Ethan were very interested in everything going on at the party. Vika and her friends were very nice and included them in the fun. Ezra had to help me with the candles on the 'Famapire cake for Feeka.'
Happy 17th!! I'm so glad the party was such a success.
We all sang and waited for Victoria to make her big wish and blow out the candles.
A few of the girls played my other games. Marisa was the obvious winner on stacking dice on a Popsicle stick. No one really could stack the golf balls though. Oh well. It was fun anyway.
The Dancing game was the big winner of the night. These girls danced like crazy for hours! It was the perfect time passer for the party. I enjoyed watching it. My favorite thing was that Spencer placed his GoPro Helmet cam next to the TV and recorded the whole night. We got some great video of these girls!
Ashely is Vika's friend from Matveevka, Ukraine (the orphanage) and was adopted around the same time she was. She lives long enough away that it warranted her sleeping over after the big birthday bash. I loved how she kept finding Mason and talking and playing with him. So sweet. Happy Birthday Victoria! We LOVE you!!



3 comments:
S fun! I've been wanting that game. Glad to know it was a hit. :) I think my girls and I could have a blast with it. LOL
Please tell me that is a different purple turtle neck!!!! Looks like a lot of fun. You are a great mom, Kerry and a really nice one at that!
What a fun mom you are! Looks like they had such a good time.
Post a Comment