Last month when I took in the boys to get their teeth cleaned everything was great and wonderful. The dentist was nice, the kids got prizes, they watched movies and played toys, all was right with the world. Then it happened.. Mean mom mentioned to the dentist that the orthodontist had told us to have a few teeth pulled in the near future. I was merely mentioning this for scheduling purposes. Lucky (unlucky for Ethan) for me, they weren't too busy and decided that they could fit him in right then. Then the sheer terror set in. Ethan has NEVER lost a tooth naturally. In fact, 2 of them had to be surgically removed with pretty extensive recoveries! He was so mad at me. I don't think he will ever trust me or he dentist together again. The laughing gas helped a little, but I had to sit with him and hold his shaking body the entire time. Lucky for me I had all 3 boys with me. Mason sat in his chair 'wathcing' the procedure and Ezra danced around the dentist's office causing all sorts of trouble for the staff.
After it was all over and we were driving home he was so sad. He tried and tried to tell me what I could do to make him feel better. Finally he just wrote it on his hand.. He wanted my mom and dad to comfort him! (They were out of town.)



No comments:
Post a Comment