Funny story.. When I went to parent/teacher conferences last month I noticed on the wall a poster advertising Preference, the girl's choice formal date dance. I took a picture of it to take home and show to Spencer and Victoria. I playfully said to Spencer, "you should make her go." He thought that was a great idea. The only problem was that the dance was only about 10 days from then.
Victoria was furious. She threw tantrums and yelled and slammed a lot of doors after Spencer informed her of her new plans. He told her that she had a few days to find a date or he would. If he couldn't find a date she would take him. He found her a group in minutes and it was all set. She fought HARD against the idea of going. Spencer didn't budge on his position that she would be going.
I thought this whole thing was funny and actually would be so good for her, until I realized that it meant that I would have a lot to get taken care of in a short amount of time!
After the weekend and a few days in school Victoria (with the help of her friends) was able to find a date. I still am not really sure how all of the asking went down, but she found her own date.
A funny thing happened once she started resigning herself to the fact that we (the mean parents) were forcing her to go to a dance with her friends.. She started to get excited!
She hated admitting it to us, especially Spencer, but after she had a date (3 days before the dance) she was looking forward to it. We borrowed a dress from our cousin that was darling. My friend who does my hair was amazing at finding us someone to give her the 'up do' she so wanted. We were all set. Now to just get phone numbers for all of the people we would need to contact to get the details from.
It was pretty cute. She came home on Friday with a list of all of the things they had planned and phone numbers for all of the people we needed. Her friend wrote that up for us. Spencer actually called her date's mom to see how well he knew Victoria. Thank goodness he did because the next morning she called us back to inform us that no one had given her date any instructions or information of what and when they were doing things!
They left pretty early in the day to go and play games and get yogurt and picked the dates up to go take pictures and have dinner before the dance.
Victoria is so funny. She was obviously nervous having someone do her hair, but when it was done she LOVED it.
We thought she looked gorgeous. She was so happy and excited. The first time is definitely the hardest for her and it was great it was such a fun experience.Spencer was beaming and so happy, then he realized that he was sending (by force) his daughter out on her first date! Then he got nervous.
I'm the embarrassing mom that followed the group to the place they met for pictures to be sure to get my own. It was freezing and Vika just wanted to go inside so we got a few, but not a ton!
They had a very large group that looked like they were a lot of fun. She had a great time at the dance and at all of the things they did afterwards.
She got home just after midnight and was exhausted. She was asleep within 15 minutes of walking in the door! We had to wait to get our story of how the night went. We were just happy she came home with a huge grin on her face!



6 comments:
How cute! She looks adorable
She looks like a well dressed 14yr old...until the group picture then she looks 10! So funny that she is dwarfed in the middle! I love the dress and happy she had a good time! You are such a cute family!
She is so beautiful! Her updo was so pretty, too. Can you believe she went on a date?! I guess she's older than danny, but I cannot imagine him going on a date right now!! Good thing I have a little over a year before I have to deal with that! I'm glad that this turned into a good thing for her. I'm so glad that she had fun. What great parents you are for her. Hope to see you soon!!!
Wow, what a big step. She looked like a princess. Tell her her date was a lucky guy. :)
Aw! She's SO pretty! I'm glad she had fun. :)
Awwww! She is SO beautiful! How fun!! Way to go, Mom and Dad! :)
Post a Comment