This year when I asked Ethan what he wanted to do for summer activities all he said he was interested in was swimming lessons! That made it easy. 
We usually put him in T-Ball and Soccer, but not this summer! He was able to take 6 weeks of swimming lessons at the new pool that just opened this summer by our house. He was so excited about it. He was great too. 
I love watching him practice his strokes. He is the best dolphin kicker you will ever see and to watch him do the butterfly is something that I can't even describe! He got pretty shy when I took my camera, so I tried not to interrupt too much! 
The first session he took it rained almost the entire 2 weeks. It was so freezing. At least the pools were heated. I had to take a blanket and wear a jacket to watch him! He didn't seem to mind at all though. 
He was thrilled that by the last session he took they put him into level 4. Maybe he shouldn't have gone up, but he loved the challenge. He was the smallest and youngest by 3 years! 
Part of me wishes that we could have afforded private lessons for him, but I suppose he's only 6 and it's not that big of a deal yet! He'll get it soon.
He is such a little fish in the water. It's so much fun to see him love to do something so much. He'll find something he wants to do and get really focused on improving until he gets it. I'm just glad that swimming has a lot more to it for him to keep learning.
It was fun to watch him and if I didn't have my camera he'd yell for me to watch him do something. Love that.
So darling.
This was with one of his favorite teachers during his second session when they were in the deep pool practicing. He listened to him the best.
11 years ago



2 comments:
Love this little fish! Reg calls him her "little halibut" (it's from an old movie). I've never seen a kid love water more than Ethan.
What a cute little fishy.
Post a Comment