The best part about traveling to California is the family we have to visit. Spencer has a sister there, my brother is there, and I have 2 cousins that live there too. We had a chance to see all of them and it was so nice. We went to Spen's sister Kasey's house for her baby's 1st birthday! What perfect timing! He was darling. Ethan had just the best time with his cousins. He didn't want to leave. Mason wasn't so sure about the change of scenery, and Ezra tormented all of his cousins to tears anytime he was within 3 feet of them! What a little baby bully! I don't actually know why the older kids were so afraid of him. Oh well. Next time will be better.

Spen absolutely adores his neices and nephews. He lights up when he gets to see them. I'm sure he enjoys his siblings too but the kids are the real draw for him. He talks about them and misses them. He loves to play with them all and they all just eat him up too.
I don't really know how this game came about, I just know that Ezra was not invited to play and he was NOT happy about it!
After seeing Spen's family we had a chance to go to dinner with my cousins and then saw them again at my niece's baptism. My whole family was able to make it for the event. My sister drove her family in a huge RV -- "the house car". The kids thought that was the coolest thing ever. They stayed in a campground and we all joined them at this pool to play one afternoon. Everyone went swimming but me. Mason wasn't really prepared to go - I was sitting with him. I didn't want to deal with the stress of taking care of him in the pool. Of course my mom swooped in and became his hero. She insisted that he had to go swimming with the rest of the kids. He had the most fun of all of them I'm sure. Thanks mom.






No comments:
Post a Comment