Sunday, April 25, 2010

Santa Monica Pier~

This is a post that I hope Spencer doesn't see.  The reason for that??  It's a big reminder of the evening in traffic that followed and a touchy subject!~  After Spen was finished up with his work days we were headed to my brother's house to stay with him and his girls.  The reason we dragged the whole family along on this adventure was that my sweet niece was getting baptized and I desperately wanted to be there.  The business trip was just a great cover to get us all there and they covered a lot of the travel costs!  When we checked out of the hotel he asked what I wanted to do.  He wanted to drive straight to my brother's house (we would have made it there in just over an hour and missed any trace of traffic).  I wanted to go to the pier with the kids.  Here we are at the pier!~

It was very foggy and you couldn't actually see much.  The awesome part was that we parked right on the pier in handi parking and because we had handi parking it was free!!  Woo Hoo..  Mason really loved the sound and feeling of wheeling along the boards.  Ezra just wanted out of his stroller prison and Ethan just wanted to spend money on all of the extremely over-priced rides.  Ethan refuses to let me get a good picture of him.  One day I'll think it's funny but today it drives me nuts!

I really think Mason and I had the most fun.  Spen really just wanted to get on the road.  Did I mention that when we finally did get on the road it took us 5 hours to get to my brother's house?!!  It's shocking really.

One day Ezra will be able to run from me and my camera, but I'll stash him in pictures as long as I can.  Good thing Mason is such a good sport!  Poor kid will have to endure me forever!  We had a fun little walk but I think the consensus of the visit to the pier was that we should have passed and driven straight to Rusty's house.  Live and learn I guess.  Always trust traffic advice from a Californian!

No comments: