skip to main | skip to sidebar
The People I LOVE the Very Most

"Thank you for touching my life, my heart, and my soul." ~ my Granny J

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Video of Mason and Ethan Skiing

By kerry at April 18, 2010
Labels: Ethan, family fun, Mason, Snow Fun

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Our Family

Our Family

Spencer and Kerry

Spencer and Kerry

Ethan

Ethan

Mason

Mason

Ezra

Ezra

Victoria

Victoria

We are members of the Chrurch of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

We are members of the Chrurch of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

Popular Posts

  • Kerry's 34th Birthday
    This year for my 34th birthday the gift that I bought myself and demanded of my children was having family pictures taken and having them b...
  • Adoption News~
    I'm not sure why but I've been hesitant to post much on our upcoming adoption, but I'd better start or I'll be too behind to...
  • Family Pictures 2010
    Remember last year how I was SO desperate to get great family pictures taken to make sure that I had a good family picture on my wall in cas...
  • Coming Home ~ Day 34 & 35
    We awoke bright and early around 3:30 am to get dressed and all packed ready to leave. Our ride, Irina, along with Natasha showed up at 3:50...
  • Travel days to get to the Ukraine ~Day 1 & 2
      We did it.  We finally got everything settled in at home with the help of a lot of great family and friends' help.  Thank you all.  We...
  • Ezra part 3 ~
    Ezra makes me laugh everyday.  He also is the most maddning child everyday!  He thinks of the craziest things to to and sometime crazy is e...
  • Touring Kyiv and Leaving for Zaporozhe ~ Day 6
    As a note to those who are following our blog… When we do not have a post it is for obvious reasons like we are traveling, or cannot establi...
  • Recovering and Adjusting
    I can't believe how time has been flying. It's crazy to think that I have been home for 11 days now and I haven't blogged a thin...
  • Back in Kyiv.. Medical Appointment Day ~ Day 28
    We woke up on the train today at 5:30. Our arrival time was 6:00 am. We had to haul all that dang luggage to find a cab. Luba hates my lugga...
  • Fifth day of our Waiting Period ~ Day 20
    Today was my first day without Spencer and the first day I did not go to the orphanage for a visit since arriving in Zaparozhya. There reall...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2012 (43)
    • ►  October (4)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (12)
    • ►  February (6)
    • ►  January (12)
  • ►  2011 (104)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  October (9)
    • ►  September (16)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  April (15)
    • ►  March (22)
    • ►  February (8)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ▼  2010 (124)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (13)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (21)
    • ►  August (18)
    • ►  July (2)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ▼  April (13)
      • The Jupiter Lighthouse~
      • Fun trip to Florida~
      • California Cousins~
      • Santa Monica Pier~
      • Manhatten Beach, California Trip!~
      • California~
      • Video of Mason and Ethan Skiing
      • Mason Skiing
      • What in the world?!
      • My sweet Masey Moose
      • Sick~
      • Just Chillin'
      • Playing with Mom's stuff.
    • ►  February (8)
    • ►  January (10)
  • ►  2009 (101)
    • ►  December (5)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  October (9)
    • ►  September (11)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (14)
    • ►  May (8)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (8)
    • ►  January (9)
  • ►  2008 (55)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (6)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (9)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (2)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (8)

Family

  • Todd and Shauna
    11 years ago
  • Kate
    13 years ago
  • Rob and Kayla
    13 years ago
  • Karie
    13 years ago
  • Shelby and Mic
    14 years ago
  • Rachel and Ryan
    15 years ago
  • Russ' Photo Journal
    15 years ago
  • Mikey
    15 years ago
  • Randy and Cathy
  • Amy and Levale
  • Bryan and Mel
  • Lacy and Rob
  • Mandy and Brian
  • Jenn and Alex

Friends

  • Rachel
    7 years ago
  • Spencer and Becca
    8 years ago
  • Carrilyne and Jared
    10 years ago
  • Deanna
    10 years ago
  • Trav and Lindsay
    12 years ago
  • Dareth
    13 years ago
  • Audrey and Saylor
    13 years ago
  • Erin and Patrick
    14 years ago
  • Jess
    14 years ago
  • Becky
    14 years ago
  • Patrick and Lindsay
    15 years ago
  • Cindy and Brian
    15 years ago
  • Luke and Misty
    15 years ago
  • Laree and Travis
  • Gehren and Samantha
  • DeHart's
  • Anjella
  • Megan and Porter
  • Whitney and Josh

Favorite Websites

  • Ana Paula
  • Cindy's Knitting Blog
  • Cup o Sugar
  • Dink's Gear
  • Food Tastes Good
  • Gift wrap girl
  • Made By Joel
  • Mel's Kitchen Cafe
  • Something Sew Special
  • The Quick and the Hungry

Photo Blogs I enjoy

  • Emily's Little World
    For Quinn, Who Turned Seven Today
    6 years ago
  • Kate Benson Photography
    megan maternity
    12 years ago
  • Russ' Photo Journal
    Rainbow Bridge
    15 years ago

Adoption Blogs

  • Richhart's
    January
    6 years ago
  • Holbrook's
    What's Really Going On
    12 years ago
  • Michaelis'
    Hogwarts "Spell"ing Bee
    12 years ago
  • Kimball's
    Baptism Miracle
    12 years ago
  • Faber's
    Jonathon’s Mission Call
    13 years ago
  • Mosteller's
    Adapter
    13 years ago
  • Golling's
    Summer Fun!
    14 years ago
  • Rast's
    May happenings
    14 years ago
  • Lawry's

Summer 2008

Summer 2008
wedding in California

Great Quote

Elder L. Tom Perry
"There are cycles of good and bad times, ups and downs, periods of joy and sadness, and times of plenty as well as scarcity.
When our lives turn in an unanticipated and undesirable direction, sometimes we experience stress and anxiety. One of the challenges of this mortal experience is to not allow the stresses and strains of life to get the better of us—to endure the varied seasons of life while remaining positive, even optimistic.
Perhaps when difficulties and challenges strike, we should have these hopeful words of Robert Browning etched in our minds:
“The best is yet to be”.
We can’t predict all the struggles and storms in life, not even the ones just around the next corner, but as persons of faith and hope, we know beyond the shadow of any doubt that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true and THE BEST IS YET TO COME. "

Shine

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

-by Marianne Williamson

Contributors

  • Unknown
  • kerry

Words to Live By . . .

* Ethan to Ezra -- " watch out... it's Sizz Skywalker!" 1/8/2010

* Ethan to Me -- "Mom, if I would have been there at the hospital when they had to cut Mason out of you I would have kissed you. I would have been just so proud of you." Then I got a big hug and kiss.. aww -- 1/6/2010

* Ezra -- "Peaz... Peaz" First words asking for a yummy McDonald's french fry -- 1/4/2010

* Ethan -- "Mom, Mason just hit me in the nerds. Man that hurts...!" -- 12/1/09



*"Reg (My mom) makes better toast than you mom. No offense." -- Ethan (My mom makes him cinnamon / sugar toast. Of course it's better!) -- 4/26/2009


*Ethan -- "I really can't wait until it's spring or summer or somthin' so that I can finally wear my sand boots again." (referring to flip flops of course!) -- 4/18/2009

*Ethan -"Mom, I wish there were no such things as babysitters." Me-"Why is that? I thought you loved your babysitters?!" Ethan -"I do, but I wish that instead of being babysitted you would have to take us with you and we would have to sit at our own kid table so I could be in charge." Me-(speechless!) - 3/30/2009

*"Mom... Would you be a good mom and take my bag inside?" -- Ethan to me after buying yarn at the craft store for himself!! What the?! 3/27/2009

*"Mom, can I have another hot pill?" -- my nephew Riley - 3/14/2009

*Spen- "Mase... it's time for your morning meds!!" Ethan-"Man, I really wish there were no such thing as morning meds for Mason..." Mason- "yeah." 3/14/2009

*We have tickets for the Disney on ice show tomorrow and I am really hurting today so at dinner Ethan turns to me and says, "Mom, I've been trying and trying to think of a replacement to take me to the ice show. Who do you think I should call?..." Ethan - 3/13/2009

*"Hey Mom, check me out... I've got some fancy footwork~" Ethan 3/9/2009

*Ethan has been spreading his charm!! http://patrickanderin.blogspot.com/2009/02/ive-got-crush.html

*"Mom, sometimes Ez looks at me like I'm crazy!" Ethan 2/28/2009

*Written in a journal entry at school - "I lik to visit my frends in lost vegis." Ethan 2/5/09

*E -"Dad, do you like to be a dad?" Spen - "yeah" E -"yeah, being a dad must be pretty cool. I can't wait to be a dad, you get to do LOTS of fun things like take me skiing and stuff." Ethan -- 1/11/09

*Spen - "Ethan, how'd you get to be soo cool?" Ethan - "Dad, I learned it from you..." Spen (tearing up) - "ahh" Ethan - "yeah I just watch what you do and do the opposite." (giggles as he walks away) Ethan -- 1/8/09

*"Mom, did you know that there is a swear finger?" A bit alarmed I said, "I did know that. How do you know that?" He answered, "I just know that this (holding up his pinky finger) is a swear finger, you know . . . pinky swear?!!" -- Ethan 1/5/09

*I needed a pacifier from underneath Mason's bed and as I went to climb under myself Ethan came in and said, "It would be my pleasure to crawl under there for you mom!" and once he found what we were looking for yelled, "I found it Mom!!! You just sit tight and I'll rescue it for you!" -- Ethan 1/3/09

*"Mom, I don't want to practice my reading . . . I'm just content watching TV. I just want to be myself and continue not having to read words I don't know." -- Ethan 1/2/09

*"I'm not a baby . . . I'm a man!" -- Ethan 11/27/08

*While watching conference after one of the speakers defined 'virtue' . . . "We know what 'virtue' is." "You do?" we ask. "Well, grown ups do." -- Ethan 10-5-08

*"Grond-alay, grond-alay. Grond-alay is ondalay in spanish."

-- Ethan 10-5-08

*"I've waited long enough, I can wait a little longer." -- Ethan after he found out we'd have to wait longer to bring Ezra home. 10-3-08

*"They play their guitar so good. When I play mine it's so bad everyone screams and runs out of the house. I play it so loud that I broke a string! Can you believe it!?" -- Ethan 10-2-08


*"Awww, Fiddlesticks!"" -- Ethan commenting on our long drive home from California 8-17-2008

*"How long are we going to be at the die place? (cemetary) -- Ethan 5-25-08

*"D for D-uh mom." --Ethan 5-21-08

*(while holding my recently disconnected cell phone that was passed down to him) "Mom, I need to check to see if anyone has texted me . . . nope, (flips the phone shut) doesn't look like I missed anyone. I wonder why I haven't gotten any texts? --Ethan 5-20-08

*about my dad being released from the bishopric . . ."he's not going to be on the bishop's team anymore, they're setting him free." -Ethan 5-6-08

*"Mom, the only dare that I do is to choose the right!" -Ethan 4-30-08

* "Mom, are you going to criling irun (curling iron)your hair today?" -Ethan 4-10-08

* "Mason, do you want to play with mommy?" "No way, (giggle)" (one of the few things that he will say! I was hoping for 'yeah') -Mason 4-10-08

* Mom, look at the picture belove (above) the light. -Ethan 4-1-08

Music if you're interested!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Report Abuse

Contributors

  • Unknown
  • kerry

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

  • October 2012 (4)
  • May 2012 (1)
  • April 2012 (8)
  • March 2012 (12)
  • February 2012 (6)
  • January 2012 (12)
  • December 2011 (14)
  • November 2011 (5)
  • October 2011 (9)
  • September 2011 (16)
  • August 2011 (1)
  • July 2011 (1)
  • June 2011 (7)
  • May 2011 (3)
  • April 2011 (15)
  • March 2011 (22)
  • February 2011 (8)
  • January 2011 (3)
  • December 2010 (3)
  • November 2010 (13)
  • October 2010 (14)
  • September 2010 (21)
  • August 2010 (18)
  • July 2010 (2)
  • June 2010 (11)
  • May 2010 (11)
  • April 2010 (13)
  • February 2010 (8)
  • January 2010 (10)
  • December 2009 (5)
  • November 2009 (5)
  • October 2009 (9)
  • September 2009 (11)
  • August 2009 (3)
  • July 2009 (6)
  • June 2009 (14)
  • May 2009 (8)
  • April 2009 (13)
  • March 2009 (10)
  • February 2009 (8)
  • January 2009 (9)
  • December 2008 (8)
  • November 2008 (6)
  • October 2008 (7)
  • September 2008 (9)
  • August 2008 (4)
  • July 2008 (2)
  • June 2008 (1)
  • May 2008 (4)
  • April 2008 (6)
  • March 2008 (8)

Labels

  • 4th of July
  • Adoption
  • angels hands
  • Art
  • Baseball
  • Beach
  • Bikes
  • birthday
  • blaze
  • Brothers
  • California
  • Christmas
  • Concert
  • date
  • Easter
  • Ethan
  • ez
  • Ezra
  • family fun
  • family pictures
  • football
  • Friends
  • Garden
  • Grandpa
  • halloween
  • Hartshorns
  • Heidi
  • holidays
  • hospital
  • House
  • Injuries
  • Jen
  • Kerry and Spen
  • Kilimanjaro
  • Lake Powell
  • Las Vegas
  • Mason
  • Memoral Day
  • Michelle
  • New Year
  • New York
  • Orchestra
  • School
  • School Dances
  • Scouts
  • Sleeping Boys
  • Snow Fun
  • Soccer
  • Spencer
  • Summer Fun
  • surgery
  • Swim
  • thanksgiving
  • Ukraine
  • update
  • Vacations
  • Valentine's Day
  • Vesuvius
  • Victoria
  • visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Christmas 2010

Christmas 2010

Christmas 2009

Christmas 2009

Christmas 2008

Christmas 2008

Christmas 2007

Christmas 2007

Cute Boys

Cute Boys

An inspirational thought....

"Welcome to Holland"

I am often asked to describe the experience of raising a child with a disability - to try to help people who have not shared that unique experience to understand it, to imagine how it would feel. It's like this......

When you're going to have a baby, it's like planning a fabulous vacation trip - to Italy. You buy a bunch of guide books and make your wonderful plans. The Coliseum. The Michelangelo David. The gondolas in Venice. You may learn some handy phrases in Italian. It's all very exciting.

After months of eager anticipation, the day finally arrives. You pack your bags and off you go. Several hours later, the plane lands. The stewardess comes in and says, "Welcome to Holland."

"Holland?!?" you say. "What do you mean Holland?? I signed up for Italy! I'm supposed to be in Italy. All my life I've dreamed of going to Italy."
But there's been a change in the flight plan. They've landed in Holland and there you must stay.

The important thing is that they haven't taken you to a horrible, disgusting, filthy place, full of pestilence, famine and disease. It's just a different place.

So you must go out and buy new guide books. And you must learn a whole new language. And you will meet a whole new group of people you would never have met.
It's just a different place. It's slower-paced than Italy, less flashy than Italy. But after you've been there for a while and you catch your breath, you look around.... and you begin to notice that Holland has windmills....and Holland has tulips. Holland even has Rembrandts.

But everyone you know is busy coming and going from Italy... and they're all bragging about what a wonderful time they had there. And for the rest of your life, you will say "Yes, that's where I was supposed to go. That's what I had planned."

And the pain of that will never, ever, ever, ever go away...because the loss of that dream is a very very significant loss. But...if you spend your life mourning the fact that you didn't get to Italy, you may never be free to enjoy the very special, the very lovely things ... about Holland.

By Emily Perl Kingsley, 1987. All rights reserved.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

free counters
Powered by Blogger.