If you know me at all, my idea of camping is a houseboat at Lake Powell! Spen has been dying to take us camping for years. He's taken the boys, but this time he planned it for me to join in. Having not really grown up in a camping family I had no idea what to pack for or what to expect. The kids were so excited!
He reserved a campsite and when we got there for some reason we were talked into switching sites. It would have been fine if it wouldn't have been right off of the road! Noisy traffic more than peaceful mountain silence.
Ezra was in his own personal heaven. Spen's sister and 3 of her kids came along. That meant that he had 4 big kids to chase around. Lucky little man.
He's just adorable.
After roasting hot dogs for dinner we got to the real reason everyone wanted to come camping... the smores! These are Ali's kids, Simone, Max, and Ella.
They were good for breakfast too. I'm just sayin..
Mason enjoyed himself, but he sure isn't used to being cooped up sitting in his boring ol' chair all night and morning. He eventually needed to get out and sit on laps.
Delicious smores!
My darling camping kids. I have to admit that I had a great time once we were driving away from our house.
Why do boys love to just sit and play in dirt?
The next morning we all went for a little walk around the camp area. There was a river that most everyone went to play in. Ali stayed to play with Mase.
My favorite story of the camping adventure was when we were packing up to head home.. The kids were watching (I thought were watching) Ez. When I decided to check on that and see how things were going I walked towards the parking lot to find Max standing there looking very uncomfortable. I asked if he knew where Ezra was and all he did was point. He pointed to a car of the family that camped next to us who only spoke Chinese. Yes, Ezra was in their car looking for treats and making himself at home. No, he was not alone. There was a family there waiting for his mother to come and take him out of their car so that they could leave! Embarrasing, a little bit.



No comments:
Post a Comment