Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Angel's Hands Christmas Party

One thing my kids look forward to every year is the Angel's Hand Christmas Party.  We always go and usually we regret part of it because Mason is typically miserable from the noise and chaos.  This year it wasn't so bad!  Ezra was tall enough to participate and do all of the rides and games.  That really made it fun.  Victoria was not interested in doing much so she hung out with Mason a lot and that also made things more fun for us parents!  We started at the bumper cars and Ezra was dying to try it.  I was hesitant, but the kid operating the ride said he'd be fine and that if I was riding I could just follow him and jump up and grab him if I felt like I needed to.  I did not need to.
He was surprisingly a great driver.  He thought it was the greatest day of his life.  He drove a big car all by himself.  He was so fun to watch.
A rare picture of Mason at the Angel's Hands party is him not screaming or crying.   We didn't really even have to put in his headphones.  It was wonderful.  He was cute and fun.  The only part he typically is OK with is the movie part.  That is his favorite.  We saw 'Arthur Christmas' but all Mason really was interested in was the popcorn!
We saw Santa but only Mason was really happy about that.  My kids all wait to see 'the real Santa' at Michelle's house.  This Santa was just a helper and didn't really count.  They were happy to get beanies though.
Ezra actually liked seeing Santa and asking for his balloons.  Santa was confused and told him he could ask for another toy or something.  Really?!  When the kid wants balloons, stick with balloons!
This visit to see Santa Ethan decided that he wanted a BB gun.  What the?!  Ethan is funny.  That one came out of nowhere too!
Victoria was nothing but mad that we MADE her stand near Santa.  She was in no way in a good mood this day.  It started OK, but I don't really know what happened.  By Santa she was a grump.  Santa was nice enough to sit and let her just stand by him for a picture.  She looks cute at least!
After a full day of playing and roller blading and movie watching, our kids were exhausted.  Most of them slept on the drive home.

No comments: