Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Bike For Mason

Mason is a mover.  He loves to be on the go whenever he can.  Whether it is rolling, one arm army crawling, or wheeling in his chair, he loves it.  At school he gets to walk around the halls in his 'pony walker.'  He loves this thing too.  He is very good at it.  I love to see him giggle as he walks.
 The other thing he loves is to be on a bike.  With a little practice I am convinced he could actually ride on his own..  We have been to a few places and schools to 'test drive' bikes to see what will work best for him.  Ethan gets very involved and look and try the bikes too.
 This bike was fun, but Mason was more just a rider and didn't really try to do anything on his own.  He had a lot of fun with Ethan and I loved seeing his little legs moving so much.
 Ethan hooked them together to take Mason for a spin around the gym.  They had a great time.
 The best bike we have found is the Freedom Cycle.  A rep came to show it to us and fit Mason for one a few months ago and we took him for a spin in the parking lot.  This is Christina.  She is one of the PT students who comes to volunteer and work with Mason at our home.  He LOVED this bike.  He tried so hard to pedal on his own.  I loved seeing him ride it.  We are trying to raise the money to get this bike for him.  Someday my Mason will ride a bike!  Can you believe it!
  He really liked the squeaking dog they had on the front.  That made it really fun.  What a cute kid.  I hope we can get this bike for him for this next year.  Isn't he darling!?!

No comments: