Every Christmas our kids are lucky enough to see and visit 'the real Santa' at my sister's house. It's pretty amazing how Santa has the time to come and visit just them and sing songs with them every year. The best part of it is the tradition that has been made. I am a tradition lover. The kids know that we are having Santa come to see just them and they are excited about it all Christmas season.
The kids wait by the door to try to sneak up on Santa when he comes to see just how he gets there. They always seem to miss him.
Santa brings in his bag filled with bells to sing songs with the kids. He magically knows all of their names and what they like to do. After all, he's seen them every year!Ethan always has to make sure that Mason is involved. He dragged him in to get the best seat for all of the Santa action. Mason smiled and laughed.
All the kids get a chance to sit on Santa's lap. Victoria was not very sure about that part. She was convinced that it was going to be Spencer or my dad. When Santa arrived and they were there greeting him it really confused her. She has struggled this whole season whether or not she believed in Santa Claus for real. She asked him for a pet. I think it was a dog or a cat. Santa turned to me and said, "pets are things that Santa has to ask parent's permission for. What do you think, mom?" I just shook my head. I'm a mean mom I suppose. She really thought it was great. She was very interested in what everyone asked Santa for.
When Ethan sees Santa he always pulls out a surprise gift he wants. This year was no different. He has been asking us all year for electric scooters, but to Santa he asked for a mini motorcycle. Nope, sorry dear. Not even close! Santa asked whether or not Ethan is being good at home. He got all embarrassed and looked at me when he said/asked, 'yes?' It was funny. He's a great kid!
Mason really gave Santa a workout. He is a hard kid to sit on your lap. He liked to play with Santa's jingle bells and pet Santa's beard. Santa is a very warm, cuddly man and Mason loves him! It was cute to see him so excited and happy sitting with Santa.
For a minute I was worried that Ezra might be nervous, but I was dead wrong. He wanted a lot of turns. He just wanted to sit and chat with Santa. He of course asked for his balloons and his cupcakes. He's still a bit confused that Christmas is a little different than his birthday, but Santa promised balloons. What a fun Christmas it will be!
The part of Santa's visit that us parents love and the kids really do not love is the photos. We always take a family pictures with Santa. I'm sure that one day they will like it much more than they do now. Merry Christmas Santa!
My sweet Grandma came to the party and had to have a turn on Santa's lap. All 94 year old granny's should see Santa I think.
My parents with Santa.
After the Christmas songs with the jingle bells Santa wanted his bells back. Ezra was not sure about that. He really just wanted to keep Santa's bells. I told him I'd take his picture so he would remember Santa's bells. He seemed good with that.






No comments:
Post a Comment