Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Date with Ethan


On Sunday Ethan asked me out on a mommy / son date. He told me that we were going out to dinner to a nice place and that I had to wear my church clothes. What I didn't know is that he had been planning this with his dad and had also gotten money to pay for the special dinner date.

We had a babysitter, grandma, all lined up for Mason and he made sure to pick out the right skirt and shoes for me to wear. When it was time to go he came out of his room in his suit! It was the most adorable, wish I could freeze time, moment.

After we were all ready I noticed that he had a big bloody scab in his hair, apparently he had gashed his head earlier and didn't want me to know about it. We had to start our date at the after hours doctor's office to make sure he didn't need stitches. He did, but they tried the glue instead since he is getting his tonsils out tomorrow! Now we have to go in for a tetnus shot.

When we were finally finished at the doctor's office, the special date resumed. He took me out to dinner to Macaroni Grill - his choice! He came and opened my car door and held my hand all the way to our table. He held all of the doors for me like a true gentleman. It was priceless when the server brought us our check and he pulled out his wallet to pay!

It was one of my favorite moments spending time with Ethan! I'll never forget it.