I know I have mentioned this but recently I have had to have a few surgeries. As you can imagine the post-op recovery instructions are a bit difficult to follow when you have 3 kids. One of them being a baby and another a Mason! We came up with the solution of renting this manual hydrolic lift.
It's very handy for getting Mason in and out of bed. I've heard that you can get use it to get him in and out of his wheelchair, but I can't see how that task is possible yet! Ethan has become extremely fascinated with the lift. It may actually be a good thing that they only had a sling in the adult medium size! Ethan lifts Mason up and down and wheels him all over the house. It's interesting to me that Mason laughs and giggles whenever Ethan puts him in it and gets stiff and nervous when I use it! Where's the trust!
As you can see the lift has become more than just a practical item at our house. It's an adventure! These two play in this sling for hours! They make beds in it, they 'take naps' in it, they pretend it's a treehouse. It's been a lot of fun for them.
I'm so lucky to have two brothers that love each other so much! I love that Ethan doesn't even notice Mason's disabilities. They just play and have fun like two regular brothers!
(side note: I won't allow them to bring Ezra on their adventures yet, or he'd be right there with them! They've asked!)
11 years ago



6 comments:
just want you to know your deep in my thoughts and prayers. the boys are sooo cute in this sling!
What is going on with you? Are you ok? I hope so.
That is awesome! I didn't even know something like that existed.
Ethan is a great big brother. What a cute kid!
I'm glad you've found a way to take care of you a little bit... I worry about you!
I love the pic's of them together. They really are priceless. And I love what you said about Ethan just seeing Mason and not his disabilities, more people should have that gift...the world would be a better place.
Oh, and Mason's smile is TO DIE FOR in that last picture! I miss him.
Kerry, I hope it is o.k that I am looking at your blog! I saw your link on Angela's blog. I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed talking to you and getting to know you the other day. You were a superb patient!:) I hope you are recovering well and hope all is well with your sweet family! Feel free to drop by my blog and let me know how you are doing!! Smithtsunami.blogspot.com
Take care!
Marta
Post a Comment