Thursday, June 4, 2009

Ezra's temple sealing~

WARNING...There are 30 pictures in this post. I am terrible at narrowing things down.

So the day after we finalized our adoption in court we were able to take Ezra and our 2 other boys to the temple to have him sealed to our family. It was a very special day for all of us. Ethan was really excited and I know Mason felt right at home. Ezra was on his best behavior - as usual. We had family come in from all over to be here for this special day for our family. The temple wasn't busy at all the day we chose to go. I was even given the entire bride's dressing room to get ready! It was a perfect day and I loved every second of it. I usually try not to go too overboard on the pictures, but I couldn't help myself this time!

My mom and Moose are best pals. She held him for the entire thing. He just loves her to pieces. I think he felt like a celebrity coming out of the temple with everyone there watching him!
Walking out with Ez. He was wiped out! I feel mean that I didn't let him sleep too long. I wanted him awake for pictures. The temple nursery ladies were completely twitterpated by him though. They didn't want to give him back yet.
Proud, happy parents!
One big happy family! This was such an amazing day for every one of us. If you ask Ethan about it he'll tell you that it was 'so cool. They had me wear just socks the whole time!' He remembers the most important things!
Our 3 boys! You can tell I love this picture since I put it at the top of my blog!!

Our family with my parents. They were so amazing to be our 'helpers' for our boys. They came and helped the temple nursery workers dress and take care of our kids while we got ready. Thank you again mom and dad!
The family with Spen's parents. We are so happy they were able to make the trip.

Family from Spen's side.

Me and Ez with my Granny. She is one of my best friends in the world. She is 91 and almost couldn't make it. I was so happy to see her there. It was the best surprise of the day!

Almost everyone who came. We have some friends who came from out of town that left before the pictures.
My favorite part of that last picture. He just loves his big brother E!


He was fascinated with the fountains. It was just such a perfect day.

He was so sweet and happy for the entire thing. It was the most perfect day! I'm so happy we were able to find him his own white outfit to wear for the day. He was very handsome.

Isn't that the sweetest smile!?

Playing by the fountain some more.

Ezra with his happy parents!

Me with Ez's great Granny. She's so darling and sweet. We were so happy she came.

Trying to get a family picture proved to be tricky!
Our best attempt!
Cute boy.
Ez with my parents. Affectionately known around here as, "Reg and Gramp."
Ez and Spen's parents. Also known as, "Nan and Papa."

Ezra having a ride with his dad. He loves to play with hair!

Spen, Papa, and Ez. Aren't they darling!

Ez holding his dad. They have been such close pals from day 1.

It was hard to get a great picture of Ezra all alone. He was fascinated with the grass.

Ez loves crocheted blankets and things. His Nan made him his very own temple blanket for his special day. My favorite thing about it is that she made it and remade it so many times I don't think she even knows how many times she did it. It was finished for the big day and it was perfect. Ezra loves it (along with Ethan who steals it) and so do I. He looked so handsome all dressed in his white temple clothes.

8 comments:

Karie said...

It was such a perfect day. Thanks for having us. We'll never forget seeing your sweet little family in the sealing room all dressed in white. I'm choked up just thinking about it. We're so happy Ezra is in our family . . . FOREVER!! Love you all!

Lesley said...

I just have to tell you how happy I am for you and your cute family. I read your blog often, and I think you are a truly amazing person. You deserve the mom of the year award, every year!!

DeHart Family said...

So cool girl love your pics what a great day for you and your fam...

Sarah said...

Congrats you guys! Adorable pictures!

Stephanie said...

I am so happy for you!! I love seeing your cute family.

Rachel said...

Those pictures totally made me cry! I've said it a millio times, but he is so stinking cute. All your boys are. You guys are an amazing family!

Jessica said...

Kerry I can't tell you how gorgeous you looked! What a hottie! And those darling boys, I love them so much. I'm so glad you are sealed, because you can absolutely tell you were truly made for each other...

Colleen said...

What a special day this was! I love the photos you chose -- glad you put them all here. Besides everything darling with Ezra, I'll always remember walking Ethan through the temple to get to the sealing room and Mason trying to jump on the altar. What an awesome experience.