Friday, October 16, 2009

Ezra's 1st Birthday

Ezra's 1st Birthday Party!  Even though this post is late we had his party on his exact 1st birthday.  October 1st.  I know that Ethan and I were more excited about it all than Ez was.  He had fun though.


He wasn't really into opening presents too much.  We helped him out, but once he got the books my mom gave him he was done being interested.  We'd let Ethan open something for him and he'd just go right back to the books.



He'd go from one person to the next to have everyone read it to him.  He loves books.


He took a couple of steps just to show off, but nothing too big.



I made him 2 cakes.  One for everyone to eat up...



and one for Ez to eat from!



Me and Ez with his cakes..



He loved when people would sing him the 'Happy Birthday' song.  He was fascinated with the candle we put on his cake.  He's not a great candle blower yet.



But if you plug his tiny little nose, he'll blow.  He got to blow out his own candle!  How many 1 year olds can say that?



We sat looking at the cake for a while.  He wasn't really too sure what to do about it.  I tried to help him put some frosting on his finger but he still didn't really understand.




Then I realized that he didn't want to put his hand in it.  That didn't mean that he didn't want any though!  This approach worked the best for Ez.




Don't worry though. . . he got into it eventually!




After he decided he really liked it, then getting his hands messy wasn't such a big deal.




He still liked the original way best!~




It was so much fun watching him just enjoy his cake.  I was a captive audience and cake holder.




He liked to share and I liked getting my own bite rather than one off of his hand!




This is what his cake looked like as we got close to the end. He really enjoyed it!




Getting daddy to eat too...




He was exhausted after all the fun.  He's such a great kid. 
Happy Birthday my big Ezra!


No comments: