I know, I know.... I'm really behind. I do have good reason, but still.
Every summer my entire life we have made at least one trip to Lake Powell. It is easily in my top 2 favorite places I have been. After Mason was born and had so many heat regulation problems among everything else we decided that Lake Powell was a bad idea for him. Ever since then Lake Powell has mostly been Ethan and My thing. We got with my family while Spen stays home with Mase. This year he had Ez too. Hopefully Ez will join me and Ethan on our trip soon.
Ethan loved to drive the boat with my dad. I think Lake Powell is Ethan's #1 place to visit. He talks about going there all year long.
Something my dad taught Ethan to do is to collect rocks. Buckets and boxes of rocks... Love it. They spent hours scouring this awesome play spot for the perfect rocks. Throwing rocks into the Lake is also a favorite..

What a sweet angel. I love having this one thing that is just ours. It makes it so special for him and for me!
We found this huge tree on the shore and Ethan had to climb it. I had to get a picture!
Ethan and his cousin Riley flexing and showing off their muscles for the camera.
Always flexing! Me and my baby in our favorite place.
Ethan is the fish of the group when we are at Lake Powell. I cannot get that boy out of the water! He is usually the first one in and the last one out. He loves the huge noodle flooties to play on. He actually has named a few of his favorites.
Every once in a while we make the journey to Davis Gulch. A favorite canyon of everyone's. The water levels flucuate so much that there is always a new place to play and explore. We stayed here and hiked and played in the sand and swam for hours. It was awesome.
Sometimes I can convince Ethan to be in a picture with me!
Throwing rocks. Big splashes are important. He tried to skip rocks this year like his aunt Michelle. She taught him a few tips, he'll get it eventually! For now splashes are OK.
Even though I love having my time with my sweet Ethan angel I still miss Spen and wish he could come. Maybe our lives will get to that point someday!












No comments:
Post a Comment