I'll be honest.. I was not ready for this day to come! We had to come home from Lake Powell the night before school started to get all ready and I was still enjoying summer with my kids around!. Weird I know. Ethan was pretty excited though. He got up and got himself all ready. He picked out his nice 'pen shirt' and was thrilled that he got to take a lunch and everything. He was not however thrilled about me following him around with a camera. He was a good sport.
It was such a nice day. I am so proud of him for being so brave about it all. When we got to school there were several kids clinging to their moms. His teacher had asked us to send snacks and things to help him adjust to the long day, but he was just fine! When I picked him up there were sad 1st graders all around but Ethan loved it. He loved his teacher and had such a great time.
I'm still a bit resistant to letting him grow up and do things on his own. I still don't feel like he's old enough! He had a great day. First grade is going to be a great year!






No comments:
Post a Comment