The last 'real' day of school I was able to go with our whole family to Mason's school to hear his teachers talk about the year and recognize the kids for all of their accomplishments. Mason's classroom is a class called 'Life Skills.' He is in a small classroom with kids who attend 1st through 6th grade and have extra needs at school. He LOVES school. I can't say I blame him. He has so many great and amazing people who adore him working with him everyday. This is his Communication Intervener.
This is our Ricci. We love Ricci. She is the saint who stayed with Mason and Ethan while Spencer and I were both in Ukraine. She and her husband are two very amazing people. They are wonderful and my kids all adore them.This is Mary. She is in Mason's class and she has a little sweet spot for Mason. You can tell he feels the same. They are best friends and from what I hear she makes sure he always has a friend closeby. She is so darling with him. I tear up watching them together.
At last the best of all the game, here is his teacher. She deserves so much recognition for the things she does for all of these kids. They love her. One of the boys cried and was so upset that school was over and just hugged her and held her. She cares about these kids and what is best for them and is very aware of each of them and their special needs in the classroom. I have been so grateful to have her this year. Mason has done so well and I know that he is in the best hands possible when he is at school. We love Miss Dian. Mason misses her already.



2 comments:
He is so amazing as well. :)
I love it when the stars align and we are able to get teachers (and Interveners!) for our kids that just 'click.' :D
Post a Comment