Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Backyard

If you have followed my blog for the past year you will know that we have had an ongoing backyard project happening.  We have had the end goal of a deck and a ramp into the back door.  Well... This summer (July) we had success!  We got the deck and ramp mostly finished and we had the rest graded and sodded.  We now have full use of our yard!  As part of the sodding deal I was sure to have our huge 'church pines' removed..  6 of them.  Yes, that is a lot of full grown pine trees to have in a yard.  Our total for tree removal in this yard is up to 21 trees removed since purchasing this house.  There is only one of them that I was sad to see go.  This is the man in the tree getting rid of it!  I was so happy.
 Can you see him?!
 After the removal!  We had a few sad neighbors.  I was ecstatic
 The chipper guy was fun..  Not too chatty.  I had to watch Ezra pretty close, he was very interested in this process!
 Front yard before the front church pine was removed..
 And after.  It kind of has a hole there, but I'm good with that!  No more pine needles!
 The last corner.  I don't have the before shot here, but there were 3 church pines over in that corner, rendering half of our yard useless.
 In the front I had this super ugly dirty ground cover by this tree.  I really wanted to dig it out and put my flowers in.  We have grass and chairs under the tree now.  It is the most used part of our yard.  I love it.
 Grading the yard.  I'm so glad I hired this out. No thank you.  They were so cheap it was more expensive to have Spen take a day off of work to do it.  It would have taken so much longer.
 Ezra had to watch the whole time.  It gave me a great excuse to be out there supervising, but still annoying.
 He was happy to see his yard come together.  He's excited to get to play in the backyard now.
 The sod truck was a hit for all the neighbor kids.  I was so happy to see them finally here!  I have grass!

No comments: