Tuesday, September 6, 2011

City Festival - from the early summer!

Spencer is so much better at taking kids to these sorts of things.  I just get grumpy and annoyed.  The kids went with him the first day and they loved it so they wanted to go back.  I took them back and it was SOO much more crowded and the lines were so irritatingly long.  Victoria only wanted to do one ride, but Ethan wanted to do all sorts of rides and she wanted to wander around... umm... nope!  She ended up doing 3 rides with us and then we were out of time.  It was pretty fun I suppose.  I just don't like feeling like the bossy Mom trying to keep my kids closeby!  If you ask them though they had a great time.  I suppose that's what counts anyway!
 We did get to stay for the fireworks.  That was a lot of fun.  Victoria had seen fireworks before but nothing like these she said.  Ethan spent his $5 on a light up sword and was happy as could be with it.  After the rides part was over we had a great time playing on the grass watching fireworks.  I suppose you can count it a success when they both want to come back next year!

No comments: