When summer comes it means two things to Ethan.. Swim Team, and Lake Powell. He was so excited to start swimming again. On the day of his team try-out he did so well. I was beaming with pride. He unfortunately gets a bit burned out and the enthusiasm dies down a bit throughout the season, but that's OK. He still loves that he gets to spend time everyday in the water.
I love going to his meets. I do not love that they start at 6 a.m.! He even second guesses if he really wants to go when I am waking him up so early. This year was different for me. I told him that he could compete in any of the meets he wants to, but that I am not making him do it. He has to decide he wants to and sign up. He went to one meet this year! He would have done more, but after switching dates, and canceling things it didn't work out. He was darling though. He is a very friendly little swimmer. While he is waiting in the bull pen he makes friends with anyone sitting around him. He's funny.
It is so fun to watch him. He gets all fired up about his race. He was DQ-ed on one of them this time, but he didn't seem to mind so much.



No comments:
Post a Comment