Monday, September 5, 2011

Early Summer Sunday Walk

 I don't know if everyone has this problem, but we have just started having it since our adoption of Victoria!  We get the whiney "I'm Bored" all day everyday.  She is even bored while we are doing things!  Maybe my other kids just aren't old enough to realize that they are bored, or maybe they have become very good at entertaining themselves, either way - it is making me crazy~! 
 We decided a fun thing to do one Sunday afternoon as a family would be to go on a walk/scooter ride together.
 Mason brought his 'pony walker' to try to walk along with everyone.  That lasted about 300 yards until he and I were both over it.  The rest of the group moved along and we went back for the car to meet them at the destination.  Mason and I had a great time together.  Spencer was very patient with the walkers he stayed with!
 At least the destination was fun.  We ended up at a waterfall with a million other people who had the same idea.  The fun part was my sister and her family were there.  With Spencer and Vika are my neice and brother-in-law.
 Victoria thought splashing Spencer was a funny little game until she realized that he wins those kind of games!
 This walk was a few months ago, when we were all still new to each other.  Ethan has ALWAYS just adored Victoria.  He loves being around her.  I was so happy that they had so much fun playing together. 
 Spencer has the job of playing dad.  I usually end up playing with Mason in a more subdued way, watching and taking pictures.  The kids love him.  He's so great with all of them.  This was when it was just starting to warm up and we were all just anxious to be outside again.  It was such a good day.

No comments: