I realize that this may sound ridiculous but it finally came! February 22nd 2009 finally came and my sister Michelle and I finally got to see Celine Dion! I've told the story but it's a fun one so I'll tell it again... Mason was staying at his 2nd home (the hospital) and I was talking on the phone with Michelle. It was the first week in October 2007 ~ The TV was on in the background while we visited and as we were talking there was a commercial advertising Celine Dion coming November 21st!
Michelle immediately got online and bought us tickets to go to the sold out show! In order to buy the $150.00 tickets (that is the per ticket price) she had to join 'Team Celine!' No joke!! That membership came for the bargain annual fee of $50! She called me back to tell me she had bought the tickets for the two of us, but there was something I should know... the November 21st we were looking forward to was in 2008! Just over 13 months away! That's when it got funny.
We made paper chains to count down, we'd text how many more days it was until Celine, we've been looking forward to this for a LONG time! Well, November 21st came and if you've read my previous posts you will know that Celine got sick and postponed the long awaited show to Sunday February 22nd, 2009. Only 3 more months added to the already 13 we've waited. Can you say "LAME!" We were devastated and our husbands made fun of us for being as devastated and disappointed as we were.
Finally it came! It was all we had hoped for and more!! Sadly our 'team Celine' membership has lapsed since she bought us the tickets, but we both made it!! It was close for me with my surgery this time and if you remember last time Michelle was extremely sick and wouldn't have made it anyway, but we finally got to see her! It was so worth the wait too! She is quirky and endearing! I loved every second of it and was sad when it ended. I never would have considered myself a big Celine Dion enthusiast years ago but this journey to see Celine has transformed me into a life-long fan!
We weren't sure if we'd get away with taking our cameras so neither one of us even tried to take our big camera or Michelle's HD video camera, but here is a taste and sampling of what we saw...
(For optimal viewing, pause the music at the bottom of my blog!)
11 years ago







3 comments:
How fun..I love when you have to wait for something cuz it just makes it that much better
I'm jealous! I love Celine Dion!
Huge thanks to Michelle for making your shared dream come true. I think you both really deserved the night out. Love you both so much!
Post a Comment