Saturday, February 28, 2009

Mason's first time skiing!!

So there is this really cool program at Snowbird called Wasatch Adaptive Sports. They do all sorts of things for children with disabilities and adapt activities for these kinds of kids to participate in something that you would never think they could do! Last week between Dr. appointments and tests we signed Mason up to participate in the skiing program they have at Snowbird!

His friend/therapist's name was Alison and Spencer said she was fabulous! Mason had such a great time.

They only go up a small lift from what I understand, but Mason went at least 15 times!

I was nervous that he would scream and get scared and cry from something so new and fast and different. I was completely wrong I guess! He had such a great time! We signed him up to go a few more times this season. I'm so excited to be able to go with him to see him ski! I never thought I'd see Mason ski! Isn't that fantastic!!

8 comments:

Megan said...

I am so glad you reminded me of this! I called them last year to see about getting Porter set up to do something like this but they never called me back. I guess I will just have to go up there myself or maybe call them again. I'm glad that Mason enjoyed it. I really think that Porter would scream the whole time!

Becca said...

I love seeing him going down the hill. It looks like he really enjoyed himself and I'm glad he got the opportunity!

DeAnna said...

This is way too cool!!!

Carrilyne said...

Wow, that is so awesome! What a great program! I'm cannot imagine how it must feel to see your son do something you never thought he could! He is a little daredevil it seems!

Whitney said...

This is so cool!

Kerry, I spent a night with Rachel in the hospital last week and we were ready to go home! I couldn't help but think of you and all the time you've spent with Mason in a hospital. Bless yours and Mason's hearts for enduring all that you have. I seriously have a new level of sympathy of mothers who have spent time with their child at the hospital (And I only spent one night there). I hope that your cute family is doing well and that everyone is healthy!

Luv ya, Whitney

Mikey Peterson said...

That's the coolest thing ever!! Go Mase!

O'BRIEN FAMILY BLOG said...

we did this last year all season. like 10 times. saylor had a blast! she hasnt really been healthy enough or strong enough. she was skiing much like other kids do. the program is amazing. the salt lake trib did an article on it with a big pic of saylor and i on it. its really good to see mason do somehting fun for a change!

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh, that grin is worth more than gold! I love to see him having so much pure fun!! That's so sweet Kerry.