Thursday, February 12, 2009

Mason Update!

Once again I've had a lot of people asking me how Mason is doing... I really wish I had a good answer for that question! The only thing I can come up with is that he seems stable and he's happy. We repeated his X-rays this week and they really don't show much of a change. He's not worse, but he's just going to take a LONG time to get better! He's out of school for a while. He's just too fragile to expose to much of anything still.

The other thing that we are trying to figure out are his seizures. He just keeps having them! They are called break through seizures. That just means that they are seizures that aren't normal for Mason to have and he is having despite the seizure meds they have him on. He's not having the full body seizures anymore, they are just more subtle.

He still has a long way to go to be back to normal. We see or talk to his Dr. on the phone everyday still. He will get better. At least the pneumonia part!

Thank you for all of your prayers and emails. It really is amazing to know how many people care about our Mason and about our family...

4 comments:

DeHart Family said...

We will pray for your son and family.

Rachel said...

Kerry, good luck with keeping Mason out of the hospital for a while. I hope he starts to improve. And I just have to say that Ezra is honestly one of the cutest babies I have EVER seen. I'm so glad he's yours!

Laura said...

Oh my goodness, I had no idea that he was having such a hard time still. My prayers are with your family! Keep your head up kid :)

Cathy said...

Holy Cow! I really wish I could help, but I'm still in total hibernation. I will continue to keep you in my preyers though. We love you guys!