Friday, April 24, 2009

Super Tuck!

When I put my Mason to bed there is a VERY specific way he likes me to tuck him in. We (me and Mase) call it our "Super Tuck!" Even just saying the words gets him smiley and giddy! (What doesn't get Mason happy and excited though, right?!)

I have to tuck his sheet in tightly over his left shoulder to keep that pesky left hand in the covers, but I have to leave out his right arm by tucking the sheet in his armpit. He is then happily trapped! He likes to have his blanket pulled up and tucked by his face on the left side. He enjoys his pacifier (I know he's 4, but would you take it away?!?!) in his mouth and his 'heavy' down pillow up by his face. Lately he is LOVING to have his 'moose' pig in his right arm to play with. He's never been so obvioulsy attached to any one item! He loves to play with the leather hooves. His nurse 'grandpa Dennis' gave it to him during one of his recent stays. Mason is a huge fan of Dennis, and the pig. I try to forget everytime I give it to Mase that Dennis gave it to him as a substitute for me so that I could get out of bed once in awhile when we were in the hospital! (Thanks for the ego boost Dennis!)

He also has to have his Baby Einstein CD blasting. (We're open for suggestions for a new bedtime CD. He is 4 afterall. We know that CD well enough to sing it to him!

As you can see .... it works!

3 comments:

DeAnna said...

Since Dennis works days and I did my capstone during the night, I never got to see much of Dennis. I hear he is amazing!! I love that he gave you that!

DeHart Family said...

Love the pics he is so cute. I wish some one would put me in bed like that. You are a cute mom i love your blog.

Colleen said...

I love the super tuck -- I can do it too!